Tuesday, April 23, 2013

SPACE INVADERS; WE ARE NOT ALONE





SPACE INVADERS; WE ARE NOT ALONE

I look to my left.  There is a couple calmly arguing about their son.  She is accusing him of not being a good dad.  He can’t understand why she says this because he was there when the boy woke up that morn.  After walking about 5 feet I wish that I had said something.  Something like, like…..I don’t know.  They probably would have slapped me for saying something. 

Now I look to my left.  What I see and what folk are doing doesn’t matter.  I’m not alone.  I don’t see anybody that I’m attracted to.  I don’t see anybody that I want to talk to.  I sit, I pretend like I can’t tell folk want to talk to me.  I hope that no one talks to me.  Dang, this lady just said something to me. 

Because we are not alone I wish that I were a butterfly.  Why?  A butterfly gets away with so much.  A butterfly is the culprit but never expected as or to be the culprit.  A butterfly is given sanctuary then never bothered.  If someone trys to catch a butterfly its to put the butterfly in a safe place so that it can live and survive.  The butterfly gets away with murder.

I’m thinking all this while this lady is speaking to me.  When she’s done I smile and nod my head yes as if I had been listening or interested in what she was saying. 

Thank God we are not alone.  If I where alone I wouldn’t have a place or time to be ugly. Or a time to let the butterfly wander in my mind.

I don’t know what that lady was talking about and I don’t care. All I remember is that butterfly flying around in my head. 

What do you do when you realize that you are alone?  Panic?  Stop breathing?  Anxiety about your breath?  I invite you to stop such foolishness, instead let the butterfly dance in your head.   

SOT; A little folly outweighs wisdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment